Monday, September 22, 2008

SkyGuy meets Baby Luke...

On Saturday night, which is usually movie night in our house, Boaz and I finally saw Star Wars Episode III, Revenge of the Sith. The fact that it has taken us so long to see it is pretty much an embarrassment to Samuel, who lives and breathes everything Star Wars these days. And I have to say that not only did I totally get into the movie, but I also truly appreciated Sam's constant running commentary throughout the film. I mean, how can you argue with a story line that makes the delineation between good and evil so clear?

On Sunday, Samuel's Star Wars obsession met his cartooning obsession (as well as cousin obsessions, laptop and scanning things) and along with Boaz and Tali, they spent the day making these movies. (I, of course, spent most of the day removing Sharpies from Naomi's fists at various points of the day and then repeatedly lifting her from the stool she'd placed at the sink so that she could "do dishes" (or use dirty coffee mugs to dump water all over the floor).

Here is their first movie...

Here's SkyGuy Episode II...

Infinitely cooler than the way my brothers Danny, James, and I played with our Star Wars figures in James' Death Star Station (which I looked up and instantly found one on eBay for a mere "BuyItNow" sum of $2,795.00) where Trashy the Trash Compactor monster would always threaten to escape his foam trash pieces, but then ultimately become Luke and Leia's favorite pet.

And can you believe the Death Star Station, seriously the coolest Star Wars toy you could have besides the Millenium Falcon (which we always managed to call the Millenium Falcom) only originally retailed at $17.95? How could that be? It seemed priceless!

So here's one thing I don't understand about the first three episodes of Star Wars and all the marketing of Anakin Skywalker. Even though he's obviously strong and good looking, why do all the kids still love him and want his Lego figure first when they just know he's going to turn evil?


P.S. That sort of looks like Danny in that ad photo above, but it's not. We can pretend it is, though...

2 comments:

Becky said...

OMG those are awesome! I'm scared to let Ben watch these for fear that soon I'll be trying to make a Star Wars movie with him.

Shannon said...

Impressive!

And it speaks to me because my cousins and I all played "Star Wars," but we had Baby Leia instead. (There were lots of us girls, and everyone wanted to be Leia.)

We used my brother's set of plastic golf clubs as lightsabers.