Tuesday, June 24, 2008

103 things about me...

In the spirit of finally hitting my 100th post, I decided (rather unoriginally) to post 100 things about me. Except that I've actually missed my one hundredth post, so now I'm going to have to post 103 things.

I dare you to get through the entire list. Here goes:
  1. I am a Taurus.
  2. Even though I'm not sure I believe in horoscopes, I like that I'm a Taurus.
  3. I have three brothers and two sisters.
  4. Of the six of us, only two of us live in the same city.
  5. My middle name is Pamela. It's not actually Procrastination, as I disclosed before.
  6. When asked what I'd like to eat, I'll most often reply "sushi."
  7. Paul's teriyaki burgers are a next best as far as favorite foods go.
  8. I obviously love my children, but I also really like them.
  9. I think I wanted a Wii as much as Samuel did.
  10. I also liked that he thought I was cool for wanting one.
  11. He does not think I'm cool for wanting the American Idol game or the High School Musical Singalong game.
  12. I still want to buy those games, even if it makes me very uncool and parental.
  13. I also want to have a party where I invite my friends over to play those games.
  14. I'd ask Kim to bring her disco ball.
  15. I like that I'm old enough to not give a shit whether or not I'm cool.
  16. Okay, that isn't exactly true.
  17. I do care a little about being cool.
  18. But I secretly enjoy torturing my kids a little by having them think I'm not cool.
  19. It makes them think they're cool.
  20. Making my kids feel cool boosts their confidence. That's a good parental move most of the time.
  21. I knew I would marry Boaz as soon as I met him.
  22. I don't think he knew that.
  23. I met him at a Halloween Party in the Castro.
  24. He was dressed as Mr. Brown from The Resevoir Dogs.
  25. I was dressed as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.
  26. He proposed on my birthday and I was completely surprised.
  27. We've been together for twelve years.
  28. We've been married for ten years.
  29. We both have grandparents who were married to each other named Albert and Fannie.
  30. I loved the name Fannie, but wasn't brave enough to give it to my daughter as her name.
  31. I've wanted to name a daughter Talia since I was 16.
  32. When I was little, I would draw pictures of all the kids I'd have and name them.
  33. I would usually have at least six children in each picture.
  34. I feel very, very fulfilled with three children.
  35. This makes Boaz feel very, very relieved.
  36. He is also very fulfilled with three children.
  37. I always prefer beer over wine.
  38. ...and gin over beer.
  39. Especially Bombay Saphire...
  40. A good margarita will trump all.
  41. And a good margarita with a halibut taco and a sunny day is perfection.
  42. I really love warm weather.
  43. Even though Seattle is surrounded by water, I miss the Pacific Ocean beaches terribly.
  44. I am happiest on the beach.
  45. I started running this year.
  46. I love the high I get when the adrenaline kicks in.
  47. I love that it makes me feel strong.
  48. I love that it makes me feel powerful.
  49. I love that it makes me feel like an athlete.
  50. I don't love that since I've started running, I've gained five pounds.
  51. I know it isn't all muscle.
  52. You should not even try to convince me of this.
  53. Since I've started running, I haven't been able to stop eating.
  54. I have this irrational fear that if I keep running, I will be fifty pounds overweight by the time I can finish a marathon.
  55. I know this seems irrational.
  56. That's why it's an irrational fear.
  57. I ran my first race this year--Beat the Bridge.
  58. I beat the bridge--it made me ridiculously happy.
  59. I want to run a half marathon this year.
  60. I really like working.
  61. I love to plot and plan new business ideas.
  62. I spent a lot of time feeling guilty about loving my work because it meant I wasn't a stay at home mom.
  63. I'm over it.
  64. I'm terrified of weakness.
  65. I'm stronger than I seem.
  66. I am a horrible gardener.
  67. I have watched plants slowly die and have done nothing about it.
  68. There are worse things to be.
  69. I have never had a cavity.
  70. But I hate going to the dentist.
  71. I have trouble with close talkers.
  72. I've even been known to avoid close talkers, despite the fact they are usually very friendly.
  73. I really enjoy my friends.
  74. There isn't much I wouldn't do for the people I love.
  75. After re-reading a journal from my teen years, I'm eternally grateful that I made it through those years (somewhat) mentally, physically, and socially intact.
  76. Re-reading my journal made me physically ill.
  77. Yet, I can't seem to throw it away.
  78. I have nightmares about my kids' impending teenage years.
  79. I really love shoes.
  80. I own more shoes than I need and spend more time thinking about shoes than I should.
  81. When I was little, I would sleep with a new pair of shoes.
  82. I loved the smell of new tennis shoes.
  83. I also have a thing for kid shoes.
  84. My daughters have owned way too many pairs of red shoes.
  85. I hate that it's a cliche for a woman to love shoes and shopping.
  86. Right. I also enjoy shopping.
  87. And I have expensive taste.
  88. But I hate to admit those things.
  89. And I am actually fairly cheap and do not part with money easily.
  90. I'd rather read than watch television.
  91. My favorite writer is William Trevor.
  92. And Jhumpa Lahiri.
  93. And Carson McCullers.
  94. But my favorite book is probably Absalom, Absalom, by William Faulkner.
  95. I always stay up much too late.
  96. I don't get enough sleep.
  97. It isn't just because of the kids.
  98. Or because I wake up to run.
  99. It's because I'm afraid of missing out on something.
  100. It's because there is always so much more to read and write.
  101. I'm a slacker when it comes to housework.
  102. Even though I like a clean house.
  103. I make it a point to remember my blessings.

3 comments:

Becky said...

HA! I read them all! I guess that officially makes me your biggest fan. Cuz I am. Cuz I'm your cuz.

and clearly I need coffee.

Love you, you silly Tammy!

Marketing Mama said...

Hey, I read them all, too! Love your list - now I know lots about you :) I always stay up too late, too.

CobSeVen said...

Now I know im not the only one who feels guilty about choosing not to be a stay at home mom & going to work with a smile on my face.