Sunday, June 15, 2008

happy father's day...

Happy Father's Day to all of the dads out there!


I'm happy to report that it was sunny here in Siberia, I mean Seattle, and we spent the day at the beach playing and splashing and building sand castles. The water was arctic, and the temps probably didn't hit even 70 degrees, but it was sunny out and that made us all very, very happy and oddly cheerful.

And I think Boaz had a nice Father's Day, though we were up at 6am, not with kid-made breakfast in bed, but to watch the Meet the Press tribute to Tim Russert, which was very sad. After that, B didn't feel like sleeping in, so we all got up and made breakfast together. The kids were sweet and cute with their homemade cards and B was so happy with them and obviously so touched by how sweet their cards were--it was one of those moments that makes you remember how good things are.

Father's Day is a funny day for our family, too, because Samuel was born on Father's Day. It always makes us remember the day we became parents and Samuel loves to hear the story over and over about how he was his dad's best Father's Day present ever.

This Father's Day I also dodged Samuel's birds and bees bullet for the last time. He came down after I tucked him in and practically begged me for the truth. So I gave him the preliminary rules--strict instructions to not talk about it with his friends ever (yeah right) and that what I was about to explain isn't allowed until you're at least 30 and married (uh huh). And then I gave him the truth, in a very vague and G-rated way, to which he replied:

"Ewwwwwwwwww! I don't believe it!"

I'm hoping it wasn't a mistake to tell him, but he's a persistent kid and Father's Day seems to be a day of milestones for our family. Though, I wish he could've asked his father. I wonder if he would've gotten the same response.


Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet picture!