Friday, September 19, 2008

happy international talk like a pirate day, ye milksops!!! pirate your free Boden offer...




So apparently today is International Talk Like a Pirate Day, so Happy ITLAPD to you!

I don't really have much of a connection to pirates except for the fact that whenever my kids sing the ABCs, they sing "Q, ARRRR, S..." Even that is pretty much stretching it.

But this morning I woke up to an email from Boden, one of my fave online shopping spots, that said they would be plucking eight orders throughout the day to give away for free. Nice... Now you can't yo ho ho with free (too bad there's not a noggin of rum to go with it!)

It ain't slurpees, but avast, there! Shiver me timbers, ye yellow-bellied sapsuckers, it's not nothing... You could get lucky!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

arr!

the mama bird diaries said...

Talk like a pirate day? ok.. now i've heard everything. :)

Anonymous said...

This is my all time favorite holiday of all time because I can tell the following joke ALL.DAY.LONG.

So a pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender says to the pirate, "Hey pirate! Did you know you have a steering wheel in your pants?" And the pirate says "ARRRRRRRRGH! And it's driving me nuts!"

Har.Har.