Friday, July 31, 2009

camp runamucka, we love you...



We're in Madison attending Camp Runamucka, 2009 and we're having a great time, wish you were here, and aren't homesick at all yet, even though really we're pretty much the first campers here and camp hasn't quite runamuck yet.

Madison really is a great little city. The kids and I spent the day with Becky and Ben at Goodman Pool while Boaz and Dick took the architectural tour of the city. Then as a larger group we had brats, beer, and brownies and played chess with Playmobile figures. Tonight Becky and I may sneak out of our cabin to the local bar which is apparently only 32 feet away from her front door (location, location, location).

Unfortunately my camera seems to be broken so you'll have to make do with this stock photo of Camp Runamuck, though our camp admits girls as well, obviously. (Did you know that there was a tv show in the 60s called "Camp Runamuck?" Isn't it amazing what you can learn from Google?) But I'll hijack some photos from the Princess as soon as we remember to take some.

Wish you were here...

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I LOVE Madison. Lived there for 3 years when I got my first job in television. I produced the 5pm news for the ABC affiliate... WKOW-TV. Say "hello" to State Street and the UW Campus for me.

Daisy said...

Madison is a great city! Fun for kids and adults and college kid/adults, too. Don't runamuck too much!