Thursday, May 28, 2009

in between...

I'm in between projects right now and thanks to the economy things are pretty slow, so I've found myself with an extra month between when I'd actually planned to slow down for the summer and when school gets out.

A normal person might be sort of excited about unforeseen time off. But since I have an insane and panicked reaction to unplanned events, I've been basically sitting on my deck in the warm sun, drinking iced tea and lemonade, connecting with people, sending out writing samples, and freaking out.

Until today. Because I had to stay home with Naomi who has some sort of ugly virus that I'm trying not to connect with anything porkish, I was forced to abandon the work part and just do the part where I sit in the sun drinking iced drinks and playing quietly with my girl. (Or rather, propping up Barbies on tiny Barbie stools over and over because they will not keep their skinny plastic bottoms on their seats.)

And I have to say that I think I may take this opportunity to get some of my own writing done, enjoy the rare Seattle sunshine, the time alone, and to maybe work on my patience and transition skills (funny how Tali and her Kindergarten peers and I are all working on the same things...). Also, the following ad below doesn't help me feel too encouraged:

----------------------
I will write your obituary. \
Location: Seattle
Compensation: $20 each
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

---------------------------
Geez, at least the guy could've gotten the ad in the right section. I'm just looking at it as a sign to stop looking for the day....

No comments: