Wednesday, October 07, 2009

sukkahs are for sukkot, not camping...

(Disclaimer: So I know it's Wordless Wednesday, but because this whole week has been wordless, I felt like I needed to actually put some words down.)



That said, we've been celebrating Sukkot this week and since this is the first year for as long as I can remember where it actually did not rain during the holiday, we've actually been eating in our Sukkah. And not only that, but we've been hanging out in it and even reading bedtime stories in it, though nobody is willing to really sleep in it.


"Wow," I found myself saying last night. "This is so nice. We've never gotten to enjoy it so much."



"Not true, Mama," said Tali with a smirk on her face. "Sometimes we use our sukkah twice a year. And it didn't even rain when we took it camping!"


Apparently, I will never, ever, ever live that down. The giggling (or cackling) started Naomi in on a spontaneous improv song and dance she called "Luckiest Sukkah."
"Do you even remember that I accidentally took the sukkah camping?" I asked her.

"Nope," she said happily. "But don't you like my song?"



1 comment:

Becky said...

Aww, I love her song and your Sukkah!